St Simon Stock Catholic Church
The parish of St Simon Stock, South Ashford is a parish of The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Southwark. We offer pastoral care for those in and around the South Ashford area. Our parish school is St Simon of England Catholic School.
Priest in Charge – Fr Hans Puthiakulangara
Telephone: 01233 622 399
- Parish newsletter and additions Sun, Feb 23, 2020 - Adam here, here is this weeks update and newsletter. I hope you are all okay with this extreme weather. There are more events happening including the pilgrimage to Knock Shrine in Ireland and the Forty Days for Life Vigil. See event page. I had added a slide show to the home page to display some…
- Parish newsletter for this week Sun, Feb 16, 2020 - Adam here, here is this weeks update and newsletter. I hope you are all okay with the extreme weather. There are alot of events taking place in March including the re-dedication of England to Our Lady and the God Who Speaks – The Year of The Word. See events page.
- Parish newsletter for this week Sun, Feb 2, 2020 - Adam here, here is this weeks update and newsletter. I hope that many of you were able to attend the EX Animo event st St. Teresa’s. We would like volunteers to read at both Masses and to help with cleaning our Church. Contact the Parish Office.
- The Grotto to Our Lady at St. Simon Stock, Ashford Mon, Jan 27, 2020 - Adam here, just added some lovely pictures of the blessing of our new Grotto to Our Lady on Sunday 26th. Its amazing isn’t it. See pictures.
- Ex Animo Youth Event 31st January Mon, Jan 27, 2020 - The Ex Animo Youth Event is on 31st January at St. Teresa’s Church Ashford from 7pm until 9pm. It is an exciting youth event. This event is for young people between the ages of 14 to 18. The event will feature a live band, inspirational talks, games and friendship, plus food and drink.
- Parish news letter for this week Mon, Jan 27, 2020 - Adam here, this weeks update includes the newsletter and new events happening in our parish. Grotto to Our Lady The new Grotto to Our Lady is now complete and was blessed this morning. Many thanks goes out to the generous donations towards the costs of building the grotto. If you would like to make a…
Church Events in the Parish
Forty Days for Life Prayer Vigil – 26th February to 5th April
From 26th February to 5th April, you are invited to join other Christians for 40 Days for Life – 40 Days of Prayer and Fasting for an end to Abortion. Your are also invited to stand and peacefully pray during a 40-day vigil in the public right of way outside Marie Stopes, 10-16 Brewser Street, Maidstone, Kent, ME14 1RU and help spread the word about this important community outreach. For more inforation contact: Rebecca Luton 07956 111909 email: email@example.com
Re-dedication of England to Our Lady – 29th March
England is to be didicated to Our Lady, just as it was under King Richard II in 1381. The re-dedication will take place across the country on Sunday 29th March, and is fufilled by a communial act of pryaer through reciting two specially written prayers, ‘The Angelus Promoise’ and ‘The Act of Entrustment’. Mass will be celebrated at the Catholic National Shrine and Basilica of Our Lady of Walsingham followed by a procession with the statue of Our Lady of Walsingham to the site of the orginal Holy Hopuse in the Priory grounds, where the re-dedication will take place. Read more
Grief in Loss; Hope in Christ – March 20th – 22nd
A weekend for the bereaved paroshioners to be held 20th to 22nd MArch at Aylesford Priory. It is a time for quiet, prayer, talking and acceptance. Led by Fr. Francis Kemsley O. Carm. and Elizebeth Partridge M.A.(pms) BSc. Dip. Couns. Cert. Relationships Couns.
(Inclusive Cost £200 Single, £180 shared) For more information call 01303 670880 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Walk With Me; These booklets for Lent are now available from the shop, price £1.
Divine Mercy Prayer Group
The members of the group have donated their entire funds towards our Grotto window. We thank them for their generosity.
The Good Consel Network
Invites you to join in a 33 day prepartion for the Consecration of England to Ou Lady which started on the 21st of February. You can obtain copies of the “33 Day Preparation of Total Consecration” prayer book by St. Loui Marie de Montfort or a shorter form, simple book by Michael Gaitley entitled “33 Days to Morning Glory” from online book stores.
Eucharistic Adoration Volunteers Needed
More volunteers are needed to join the teams of adorers who keep Jesus company for one hour each week in Eucharistic Adoration.
Weekly Adoration is each Friday from 10.00am to 9pm except of First Fridays when it finishes at 7.45pm for Mass at 8.00pm.
If you can spare one hour a week to join our team please fill in one of the cards that can be found in the pews or in the church entrance.
Please hand them in along with the Sunday collection. If you would like to know more please contact the parish office.
Church Readers Needed
We are looking to recruit new readers, including young people who are in school year 6 and above, to join the team who read at Sunday Mass particularly for the 6.30pm Evening Mass. If you feel that this ministry is for you please give you name and contact details to our reader coordinator. Contact the parish office.
Church Collection Counters
More volunteers for the counting the Church Collection after Mass. Counting takes place after the 6.30pm Evening Mass and takes one hour and a half. Contact the parish office.
Church Flower Arrangers
More volunteers to join the team of flower arrangers who decorate the Church each week. Contact the parish office.
I like this place because it’s 2 minutes away from my school. Junior Msoka
Information very clear and easy to understand. Esperanza Pulgarin
Very pleasant place to worship….the priest came to bless my home very lovely man of God. Thank you so much for this wonderful opportunity. More anointing. Oju Lydia
It was good fun for everyone at the parish bbq today, organised and cooked by the mens group will definitely buy the chicken sausages! Plenty to keep the children happy thanks to one of the parishioners! A true parish community! Shirley Hook