St Simon Stock Catholic Church
The parish of St Simon Stock, South Ashford is a parish of The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Southwark. We offer pastoral care for those in and around the South Ashford area. Our parish school is St Simon of England Catholic School.
Priest in Charge – Fr Hans Puthiakulangara
Telephone: 01233 622 399
Eucharistic Adoration Volunteers Needed
More volunteers are needed to join the teams of adorers who keep Jesus company for one hour each week in Eucharistic Adoration.
Weekly Adoration is each Friday from 10.00am to 9pm except of First Fridays when it finishes at 7.45pm for Mass at 8.00pm.
If you can spare one hour a week to join our team please fill in one of the cards that can be found in the pews or in the church entrance.
Please hand them in along with the Sunday collection. If you would like to know more please contact us.
- Parish newsletter for this week Sun, Jul 14, 2019 - Adam here, this weeks update is just the newsletter. Coming up next month are 1) the Altar Servers Summer Break. This is between 6th to 9th August. 2) The Annual Archdiocesan Pilgrimage to Lourdes from 23rd until 30th August.
- Parish newsletter for this week Sun, Jul 7, 2019 - Adam here, this weeks update includes the newsletter for this week and events in August. Join in on the campaigns from the Society for the Protection of the Unborn Child (SPUC). Coming up next month is the Altar Servers Summer Break and takes place between 6th to 9th August. The Annual Archdiocesan Pilgrimage to Lourdes…
- Sign the petitions for Society for the Protection of the Unborn Child (SPUC) Sun, Jun 16, 2019 - Society for the Protection of the Unborn Child (SPUC) have two major campaigns at the moment. SPUC are campaigning against the new booklet called ‘Abortion and Abortion Care Factsheet’ which gives misleading and wrong information about abortion. See SPUC’s campaign page and sign the petition SPUC are campaigning against the Pro Abortion Lobby that intends…
- Parish newsletter for this week Sun, Jun 16, 2019 - Adam here, this weeks update includes the newsletter for this week, a couple of new events at our parish and two important campaigns from the Society for the Protection of the Unborn Child (SPUC). Coming up on 22nd June are 3 events: 1) First Holy Communion Mass and Celebration 2) The Southwark Youth Day at…
- Thank you to all who came to the Pentecost International Mass Sun, Jun 16, 2019 - Thanks you to everyone who participated in last Sundays celebration of Pentecost and to those who contributed by bringing food to share. The Liturgy was beautiful and it was lovely to come together as a parish family afterwards. May the Holy Spirit strengthen our community here in South Ashford.
- Pentecost Sunday International Mass Mon, Jun 10, 2019 - Our parishioners celebrated Pentecost Sunday and what a variety of people make up the community at St. Simon Stock Catholic Church. The morning Mass was well attended, our bidding prayers were said in seven different languages. Everyone enjoyed the celebrations in the parish hall. There was lots of food and drink. The children had a…
Church Events in the Parish
The Galilee Group – Second Friday of the month
An open group from men discerning their vocation. The group meets for Holy Mass, faith formation and as an opportunity to get to know others searching for the will of God in their lives. Kent Area Meeting: The Presbytery of St. Thomas’ Church, Canterbury (59 Burgate CT1 2HJ) at 6.30pm on the second Friday of the month for a formation talk followed by Holy Mass at 7.30pm, followed by supper.
Altar Servers Summer Break – 6th to 9th August
At Woldingham School, Surrey
This is an excellent few days for boys and girls aged 10 to 15 year old who serve on the altar. Meet in a holiday atmosphere. Activities include talks, discussions, prayer, daily Mass as well as sport, Chessington World of Adventures and Laser Elite.
For more details see the school noticeboard.
The Annual Archdiocesan Pilgrimage to Lourdes – 23rd – 30th August
Canon Edward Perera,the Diocesan Director for the Pilgrimage very much encourages as many priests, deacons, religious and parishioners to join the diocesan pilgrimage to Lourdes. The booking forms and the brochure will be available later this year.
I like this place because it’s 2 minutes away from my school. Junior Msoka
Information very clear and easy to understand. Esperanza Pulgarin
Very pleasant place to worship….the priest came to bless my home very lovely man of God. Thank you so much for this wonderful opportunity. More anointing. Oju Lydia
It was good fun for everyone at the parish bbq today, organised and cooked by the mens group will definitely buy the chicken sausages! Plenty to keep the children happy thanks to one of the parishioners! A true parish community! Shirley Hook