Part of The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Southwark
The parish of St Simon Stock, South Ashford is a parish of The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Southwark. We offer pastoral care for those in and around the South Ashford area. Our parish school is St Simon of England Catholic School.
Our church is open for Mass in a suitable, safe, and secure manner as follows –
- Two Stewards will facilitate the opening of church on each day to direct and assist visitors to maintain the ‘social distancing’ rules.
- The doors into and out of church will be kept open for ventilation and to avoid the need to constantly sanitise the handles.
- enter church by the front double door and leave by the rear double door following the one-way system which is in place.
- use the hand sanitiser provided, as they enter and leave church.
- avoid touching any items/surfaces un-necessarily.
- adhere to the social distancing rules and only sit in the allocated seating as marked or as directed by stewards.
- limit their time in church if the maximum agreed number of visitors has been reached; if this occurs stewards will ask further visitors to wait outside church whilst maintaining social distancing.
- the toilet facilities will NOT be available.
We thank you for your patience at this time of change in our parish
and look forward to seeing you back.
FOR YOUR SAFETY AND PROTECTION –
- The wearing of a mask or face covering is now mandatory at all Masses except for those who are exempted for medical reasons.
- Please sanitise your hands when entering and leaving the church and follow any instructions given by the volunteer stewards. Thank you for your co-operation.
CONTACT TRACK AND TRACING APP – you will see that we have put up QR code posters for the Government’s track and trace app. Please use this if you have downloaded the app otherwise please continue to use the track and trace sheet as before. Thank you.
MASS INTENTIONS – please put your Mass intentions, using the brown envelopes you will find in the church entrance, in the boxes provided for your weekly offering or, alternatively, use the Mass Intentions Form. Your offering for the Mass can be made by bank transfer in this instance.
VOLUNTEER STEWARDS – Our continued thanks to those who are giving up their time to ensure the safe running of the Masses in our church. Should you wish to join the stewarding team please see Fr. Hans or email using the information at the top of the page. Thank you.
CHURCH CLEANERS – The cleaning rota is now back in operation. Please telephone Fr. Hans to let him know which day you will be coming to clean.
COLLECTIONS: Thank you for your weekly offerings and to those of you who switched to paying by standing order. Although the church, and hall, have not been open in the ordinary sense there are still significant outgoings for the parish. Your continued commitment to the running of the parish is greatly appreciated.
Silver Jubilee Of The Consecration of Our Church – 1st November
The 25th anniversary of the consecration of our church falls on 31st October 2021. The inaugural Mass for our Jubilee year will be held on Sunday 1st November 2020, the feast of All Saints, at 10am presided over by Canon John O’Toole, the Episcopal Vicar for Kent for the Archdiocese of Southwark. We look forward to welcoming Canon John to the parish whose previously arranged visit had to be cancelled due to lockdown. Read More
- Parish Newsletter For This Week Sat, Sep 26, 2020 - Adam here with this weeks update. I hope you are all keeping well. The First Holy Communion for our Children was held today. I hope everyone had a nice day. This weeks newsletter is published and ready to download. Additional updates are mass times for the week, church cleaning rota, and a notices. Coming up,…
- The Rosary in October Sat, Sep 26, 2020 - The Rosary in October Next Sunday is Rosary Sunday and we celebrate the memorial of Our Lady of the Rosary next week; a feast to remember many victories and advantages gained by the church in time of fierce persecutions in the 15th Century, through praying the rosary. In these times too we need to turn…
- October is the month of the world mission Sat, Sep 26, 2020 - October is the month of the world mission. Jesus said “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very…
- Parish Newsletter For This Week Sun, Sep 20, 2020 - Adam here with this weeks update. This weeks newsletter is published and ready to download. Additional updates are mass times for the week and church cleaning rota. Coming up is the First Holy Communion for our Children. Taking place next Saturday 26th September at 11:30am. Please pray for them and their families. Thanks to Catarina…
- Parish Newsletter For This Week Sat, Sep 5, 2020 - Adam here with this weeks update. This weeks newsletter is published and ready to download. Additional updates are mass times for the week and church cleaning rota. On Tuesday the Catholic Church celebrates the birth of the Blessed Virgin Mary on its traditional fixed date of September 8th. Let us celebrate with joy the birth…
- Parish Newsletter For This Week Sat, Aug 29, 2020 - Adam here with the update for this week. Just published the weekly newsletter together with updated mass times. The church cleaning rota is back in operation. The World Day of Prayer for The Common Home is the one event coming up immediately. Pope Francis has established 1st September as the World Day of Prayer for the Care of…
Priest in Charge – Fr Hans Puthiakulangara
Telephone: 01233 622 399
I like this place because it’s 2 minutes away from my school. Junior Msoka
Information very clear and easy to understand. Esperanza Pulgarin
Very pleasant place to worship….the priest came to bless my home very lovely man of God. Thank you so much for this wonderful opportunity. More anointing. Oju Lydia
It was good fun for everyone at the parish bbq today, organised and cooked by the mens group will definitely buy the chicken sausages! Plenty to keep the children happy thanks to one of the parishioners! A true parish community! Shirley Hook