Part of The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Southwark
The parish of St Simon Stock, South Ashford is a parish of The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Southwark. We offer pastoral care for those in and around the South Ashford area. Our parish school is St Simon of England Catholic School.
All of the previous Covid safety precautions remain.
- Wearing of a mask at Mass is mandatory unless medically exempt.
- Hands should be sanitised on entering the church.
- The Rule of 6 and the social distancing rules will be observed and the restriction on numbers attending are all back in force.
- Please remember that you should leave the church premises immediately after Mass unless you are helping with cleaning and if gathering outside should make sure that the social distancing rules are observed.
Book Your Place For Sunday Morning Mass
It is essential that everyone book a place for each person attending the morning Mass or the evening Mass at 6.30pm. Please book your places for Masses during Holy Week.
If you do not have Internet access you can call the parish office on 01233 622399 during Thursday or Friday morning before noon. Thank you.
Next Sunday is Good Shepherd Sunday
Next week is the World Day of Prayer for Vocations to the Priesthood an Religious Life. As members of the Church, we are encouraged to pray earnestly for an increase in priestly and religious vocations. Next week’s second collection will be for the Priest Training Fund, which pays for the formation of Southwark Seminarians and Deacons and the good work of the Southwark vocations team. Please be generous to this appeal. Your gifts will support 7 men currently in formation to the Priesthood, choosing to dedicate their lives to Christ and His people throughout Kent and South London. There will be donation envelopes today, on the table in the church entrance, which can be used to Gift Aid your donation. You can also donate online via http://www.rcsouthwark.co.uk/vocations.htm or by scanning the QR code on the posters in the church entrance. Thank you for your prayers and generosity.
Red Misso Boxes
Many thanks to everyone who has a red box; we collected £244.77 for 2020 and a special thank you has come from the Missio at Mill Hill as they realise what a difficult year is was for everyone. The Missio newsletter for Spring 2021 can be found on the stand in the church foyer along with some bookmarks.
Attention Gift Aiders
There are still a few Gift Aid envelope boxes for 2021/22 that need to be collected from the table in the church foyer. Should anyone wish to join the parish Gift Aid scheme please ask Fr. Hans or Viv Conn for a form.
Please visit the shop where there is wide selection of devotional items including Missals, Bibles, statues, rosaries and cards.
Confirmation Classes 2021
Classes for this year’s Sacrament of Confirmation begin on Saturday 12th June at 11.45 a.m.
Anyone in Year 7 or above who is interested should collect a form from Eileen Conn or Fr. Hans.
Volunteering for The Church – Sharing Time and Talents
Thank you to all those who have come forward offering help. Please consider volunteering to help keep our church functioning smoothly. If you can help then please see contact the parish office.
You can ask the Parish Priest to offer Mass for a specific intention of yours. It could be for: yourself or your family, a friend in need, a deceased relative, our community or the wider world or a private intention. If you indicate a preferred date, the Mass will be offered on or about that preferred date. If you would like to be sure of a specific date, please speak to Fr. Hans. Simply fill in a Mass Offering envelope and either give it to Fr. Hans or place it in the collection box.
The Easter Collection – Your Personal Gift to Fr. Hans.
There is still time to give your Easter Offering if you have not yet had the opportunity to do so.
Your kind offering at Easter – whatever you can manage in these difficult financial times – are your personal gift to the parish priest and are much appreciated. A priest’s income is principally whatever he receives from the parish (mainly Mass offerings.) So the collections at Christmas and Easter form an important supplement, enabling him to meet personal expenses such as dental and optician’s bills, clothing, holiday etc. Priest must also pay Income Tax on benefits in kind such as food, heat and light, and use of the furniture in the Presbytery. To conform to Inland Revenue regulations, cheques should be made payable to “St. Simon Stock Catholic Church”. If you are going to be away at Easter, please be sure to give your offering before you go away or when you return.
Known as the Ecclesiastical Education Fund, pays for men studying for the Priesthood and Diaconate here in Southwark. It costs £30,000 a year, for six years, to sponsor each seminarian, so your generous support in this appeal makes a real difference in our ability to fund and support men saying ‘Yes’ to the vocation of Priesthood. We currently have 8 men in formation for the Priesthood for Southwark. You can donate online via www.rcsouthwark.co.uk/donate.html (select Priest Training Fund) or by scanning the QR code on the poster on the church window. Please be generous and keep our seminarians, and priests, in your prayers. Thank you.
Priest in Charge – Fr Hans Puthiakulangara
Telephone: 01233 622 399
Inaugural Mass for Silver Jubilee
at St Simon Stock RC Church Ashford
National Office for Vocation
The National Office for Vocation is encouraging us to listen when God Calls this Lent. God Calls us to himself in a particular way during this special season. Our baptismal call to holiness – or to be in relationship with God – grows as we mature in faith in the grace of the Holy Spirit. God is closer to us than we can ever imagine, but we need to do our part by opening our mind, heart and will to God. GodCalls: Adventure is a 40-day self-guided course which aims to help you in this work. You can find out more at www.godcalls.co.uk. You will find on this website, pages of resources to help you on this spiritual adventure.
- This Week’s Parish Newsletter Sun, Apr 18, 2021 - Adam here, i hope that you all had a week. It is nice to see life gradually returning to normal with the high street shops open. This week’s website updates include the newsletter, Mass times and notices. Online bookings for attending Mass continue. Please book a place for every person attending the morning Mass or…
- Next Sunday is Good Shepherd Sunday Sun, Apr 18, 2021 - Next week is the World Day of Prayer for Vocations to the Priesthood an Religious Life. As members of the Church, we are encouraged to pray earnestly for an increase in priestly and religious vocations. Next week’s second collection will be for the Priest Training Fund, which pays for the formation of Southwark Seminarians and…
- Thank you for your co-operation with the Holy Week services. Sat, Apr 10, 2021 - Although we had to make some special arrangements it was lovely to have people in Church as last year the churches were all closed, and we had to watch over the internet. Thanks to all of those who have helped with the preparation and decoration of the church; to the servers, sacristans, stewards and church…
- This Week’s Parish Newsletter Sat, Apr 10, 2021 - Adam here, i hope that you all had a lovely Easter Holiday. It is nice to read that life will gradually return to normal soon. This week’s website updates include the newsletter, Mass times and notices. A big thank you to all of those who have helped with the preparation and decoration of the church…
- This Week’s Parish Newsletter Sat, Apr 3, 2021 - Adam here with this week’s website update including the newsletter, Mass times and notices. Happy Easter to you all. Online bookings for attending Mass continue. Please book a place for every person attending the morning Mass or the evening Mass at 6.30pm. If you do not have Internet access you can call the parish office…
- This Week’s Parish Newsletter Sun, Mar 28, 2021 - Adam here with this week’s website update including the newsletter, Mass times and notices. I hope that you all managed to adjust to the clock change. We encourage everyone to take advantage of online bookings for attending Mass. A place must be booked for every person attending the morning Mass or the evening Mass at…
Receive the Parish Newsletter by Email
Receive our parish newsletter by email for the latest news and events taking taking place at our church.