St Simon Stock Catholic Church
The parish of St Simon Stock, South Ashford is a parish of The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Southwark. We offer pastoral care for those in and around the South Ashford area. Our parish school is St Simon of England Catholic School.
Priest in Charge – Fr Hans Puthiakulangara
Telephone: 01233 622 399
Society for the Protection of the Unborn Child (SPUC)
Young people deserve to know the truth about abortion. At school they are not always given the facts.
SPUC have launched a new petition against a new booklet called ‘Abortion and Abortion Care Factsheet’ which gives misleading and wrong information about abortion. This has been given to teachers in secondary schools during lessons on abortion during lessons.
Take action against this and sign the SPUC’s petition form that Eileen Conn will have after Mass. Also see SPUC’s campaign page on this
The Pro-Abortion Lobby intend to decriminalize abortion in Northern Ireland, England and wales in the Draft Domestic Abuse Bill.
Abortion and Domestic Abuse are closely linked but abused women need love and
support, not abortion.
Eileen Conn will be handing out cards after Mass which will be sent to the Home Secretary rejecting any calls to extend this Bill.
Tesco Bags of Help – St Simon’s School
Help our school to create a wonderful place outside for our children!
Our parish primary school is bidding to bag a massive cash boost from the Tesco Bags of Help initiative which could help them secure a grant of £4,000. The school plans to built and allotment so that each class can grown their own food, cooking and sharing it with other children and parents.
Voting is open in all Tesco stores this month and customers will cast their vote using a counter given to them at the checkout every time they shop.
Please vote for St Simon’s School using the blue counters and please ask for a counter if one is not given to you.
Eucharistic Adoration Volunteers Needed
More volunteers are needed to join the teams of adorers who keep Jesus company for one hour each week in Eucharistic Adoration.
Weekly Adoration is each Friday from 10.00am to 9pm except of First Fridays when it finishes at 7.45pm for Mass at 8.00pm.
If you can spare one hour a week to join our team please fill in one of the cards that can be found in the pews or in the church entrance.
Please hand them in along with the Sunday collection. If you would like to know more please contact us.
- Sign the petitions for Society for the Protection of the Unborn Child (SPUC) Sun, Jun 16, 2019 - Society for the Protection of the Unborn Child (SPUC) have two major campaigns at the moment. SPUC are campaigning against the new booklet called ‘Abortion and Abortion Care Factsheet’ which gives misleading and wrong information about abortion. See SPUC’s campaign page and sign the petition SPUC are campaigning against the Pro Abortion Lobby that intends…
- Parish newsletter for this week Sun, Jun 16, 2019 - Adam here, this weeks update includes the newsletter for this week, a couple of new events at our parish and two important campaigns from the Society for the Protection of the Unborn Child (SPUC). Coming up on 22nd June are 3 events: 1) First Holy Communion Mass and Celebration 2) The Southwark Youth Day at…
- Thank you to all who came to the Pentecost International Mass Sun, Jun 16, 2019 - Thanks you to everyone who participated in last Sundays celebration of Pentecost and to those who contributed by bringing food to share. The Liturgy was beautiful and it was lovely to come together as a parish family afterwards. May the Holy Spirit strengthen our community here in South Ashford.
- Pentecost Sunday International Mass Mon, Jun 10, 2019 - Our parishioners celebrated Pentecost Sunday and what a variety of people make up the community at St. Simon Stock Catholic Church. The morning Mass was well attended, our bidding prayers were said in seven different languages. Everyone enjoyed the celebrations in the parish hall. There was lots of food and drink. The children had a…
- Parish newsletter for this week Mon, Jun 10, 2019 - Adam here, this weeks update includes the newsletter for this week, pictures from our Pentecost Sunday International Mass Celebrations, and a couple of new events at our parish. Coming up later on 22nd June are 2 events: 1) The Southwark Youth Day at Aylesford Priory 2) The St. Tereasa’s Justice and Peace Group showing the…
- Parish newsletter for this week Sun, May 26, 2019 - Adam here, this weeks update includes the newsletter for this week and new events at the parish. Coming up in June are: The World Youth Day at Home from Friday 7th to Sunday 9th June Pentecost Sunday International Mass on Sunday 9th June. The Southwark Youth Day at Aylesford Priory on 22nd June.
Church Events in the Parish
The Galilee Group – Second Friday of the month
An open group from men discerning their vocation. The group meets for Holy Mass, faith formation and as an opportunity to get to know others searching for the will of God in their lives. Kent Area Meeting: The Presbytery of St. Thomas’ Church, Canterbury (59 Burgate CT1 2HJ) at 6.30pm on the second Friday of the month for a formation talk followed by Holy Mass at 7.30pm, followed by supper.
Ladies evening of recollection – St. Teresa’s 26th June
The feast of St. Josemaria, founder of Opus Dei. Commencing with Mass at 6.30pm. Fr. Paul Haywards’s (a priest from the Opus Dei prelature) homily will reflect on the message of Opus Dei “holiness in ordinary life”. Families are warmly invited to attend. There will be light refreshments after the Mass and the opportunity for confession.
I like this place because it’s 2 minutes away from my school. Junior Msoka
Information very clear and easy to understand. Esperanza Pulgarin
Very pleasant place to worship….the priest came to bless my home very lovely man of God. Thank you so much for this wonderful opportunity. More anointing. Oju Lydia
It was good fun for everyone at the parish bbq today, organised and cooked by the mens group will definitely buy the chicken sausages! Plenty to keep the children happy thanks to one of the parishioners! A true parish community! Shirley Hook