Part of The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Southwark
The parish of St Simon Stock, South Ashford is a parish of The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Southwark. We offer pastoral care for those in and around the South Ashford area. Our parish school is St Simon of England Catholic School.
Re-dedication of England to Our Lady – 29th March
Whilst originally we had envisaged that most would make The Rededication together in their communities, under the recently imposed Governmental lockdown, we now know that all must make The Rededication at home. This will be an incredible opportunity for us to join together in prayer through our temporary disconnect from both out community and our churches.
The prayers of the Rededication, ‘The Angelus Promise’ and ‘The Act of Entrustment’ can be found here: Prayers+of+The+Rededication(3)
The COVID-19 pandemic is an example of why The Rededication is so important at this moment. In this time of fear and uncertainty, it is of the greatest importance for us to place ourselves under the protection and guidance of Christ through Mary, Our Mother.
You can watch the Rededication and Mass LIVE at 12.00 midday tomorrow from the Roman Catholic National Shrine and Basilica of Our Lady of Walsingham:
Our Church is closed to the public
In his Address to the Nation the Prime Minister outlined the necessary steps that we must now take to combat the spread of the Coronavirus. The Government has mandated the ‘closure of all shops selling non-essential goods, including clothing and electronic stores, and other premises including libraries, playgrounds and outdoor gyms, and places of worship.’
This means that, until further notice, and with immediate effect, all the churches and chapels within the Archdiocese of Southwark, together with their associated halls, must now close their doors to the public. This policy must be implemented without exception.
During this time
Fr. Hans will continue to celebrate Mass, without the faithful, on a daily basis. The continuing celebration of Mass ensures that the faithful can join in spiritual communion with the priests of the Church. You can also watch Mass said at St. Teresa’s by live stream at https://st-teresas-ashford.org.uk/live-stream/.
Sunday 29th March – Donal Sullivan
Sunday 5th April – Rita Redman RIP
You can email your intentions to using the Mass Intentions Form
- Pastoral Letter from Archbishop John Wilson.
- Prayer of Pope Francis
- Masses online broadcast by Southwark Churches. Please check times of Masses.
Priest in Charge – Fr Hans Puthiakulangara
Telephone: 01233 622 399
- Our Church is closed to the public Wed, Mar 25, 2020 - In his Address to the Nation the Prime Minister on Monday outlined the necessary steps that we must now take to combat the spread of the Coronavirus. The Government has mandated that all Churches and places of worship must now close their doors to the public. Masses will still be said without the congregation. You…
- No All Day Adoration on Fridays – For The Foreseeable Future Fri, Mar 20, 2020 - As, for the foreseeable future, there will no longer be all day Adoration on Fridays, it would be wonderful if all those on the rota and those not on the rota but who regularly attend, would still take their time slot at home and spend the hour in meditation and prayer. It would be even…
- Parish newsletter for this week Sun, Mar 15, 2020 - Adam here, here is this weeks update and newsletter. Coming up is The Grief in Loss; Hope in Christ Weekend takes place between March 20th and the 22nd. Despite everything, the big event this year is the Re-dedication of England to Our Lady which takes place across the country on 29th March. The Forty Days…
- Parish newsletter for this week Sun, Mar 8, 2020 - Adam here, here is this weeks update and newsletter. Events coming up include the Pilgrimage To Knock Shrine, Ireland on 16th March. The Grief in Loss; Hope in Christ Weekend takes place between March 20th and the 22nd. The big event this year is the re-dedication of England to Our Lady which takes place across…
- Parish newsletter and additions Sun, Feb 23, 2020 - Adam here, here is this weeks update and newsletter. I hope you are all okay with this extreme weather. There are more events happening including the pilgrimage to Knock Shrine in Ireland and the Forty Days for Life Vigil. See event page. I had added a slide show to the home page to display some…
- Parish newsletter for this week Sun, Feb 16, 2020 - Adam here, here is this weeks update and newsletter. I hope you are all okay with the extreme weather. There are alot of events taking place in March including the re-dedication of England to Our Lady and the God Who Speaks – The Year of The Word. See events page.
Church Events in the Parish
Re-dedication of England to Our Lady – 29th March
Our planned procession and blessing in front of the grotto has been cancelled along with the gathering in the hall afterwards. Canon John O’Toole will visit us at a later date.
As our country, along with those across the world, prepare to manage the COVID-19 virus outbreak, it is important to note how this affects The Re-dedication of England as Mary’s Dowry. The COVID-19 pandemic is an example of why The Re-dedication is so important at this moment. In this time of fear and uncertainty, it is of the greatest importance for us to place ourselves under the protection and guidance of Christ through Mary, Our Mother.
Divine Mercy Prayer Group
The members of the group have donated their entire funds towards our Grotto window. We thank them for their generosity.
The Good Consel Network
Invites you to join in a 33 day prepartion for the Consecration of England to Ou Lady which started on the 21st of February. You can obtain copies of the “33 Day Preparation of Total Consecration” prayer book by St. Loui Marie de Montfort or a shorter form, simple book by Michael Gaitley entitled “33 Days to Morning Glory” from online book stores.
Eucharistic Adoration Volunteers Needed
More volunteers are needed to join the teams of adorers who keep Jesus company for one hour each week in Eucharistic Adoration.
Weekly Adoration is each Friday from 10.00am to 9pm except of First Fridays when it finishes at 7.45pm for Mass at 8.00pm.
If you can spare one hour a week to join our team please fill in one of the cards that can be found in the pews or in the church entrance.
Please hand them in along with the Sunday collection. If you would like to know more please contact the parish office.
Church Readers Needed
We are looking to recruit new readers, including young people who are in school year 6 and above, to join the team who read at Sunday Mass particularly for the 6.30pm Evening Mass. If you feel that this ministry is for you please give you name and contact details to our reader coordinator. Contact the parish office.
Church Collection Counters
More volunteers for the counting the Church Collection after Mass. Counting takes place after the 6.30pm Evening Mass and takes one hour and a half. Contact the parish office.
Church Flower Arrangers
More volunteers to join the team of flower arrangers who decorate the Church each week. Contact the parish office.
I like this place because it’s 2 minutes away from my school. Junior Msoka
Information very clear and easy to understand. Esperanza Pulgarin
Very pleasant place to worship….the priest came to bless my home very lovely man of God. Thank you so much for this wonderful opportunity. More anointing. Oju Lydia
It was good fun for everyone at the parish bbq today, organised and cooked by the mens group will definitely buy the chicken sausages! Plenty to keep the children happy thanks to one of the parishioners! A true parish community! Shirley Hook