St Simon Stock Catholic Church
The parish of St Simon Stock, South Ashford is a parish of The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Southwark. We offer pastoral care for those in and around the South Ashford area. Our parish school is St Simon of England Catholic School.
Priest in Charge – Fr Hans Puthiakulangara
Telephone: 01233 622 399
Grab a bargain from our sale table!
After next Sunday’s Masses there will be a sale table selling some of the items that were left over from our church fete. Have a look and see if you can grab a bargain!
Eucharistic Adoration Volunteers Needed
More volunteers are needed to join the teams of adorers who keep Jesus company for one hour each week in Eucharistic Adoration.
Weekly Adoration is each Friday from 10.00am to 9pm except of First Fridays when it finishes at 7.45pm for Mass at 8.00pm.
If you can spare one hour a week to join our team please fill in one of the cards that can be found in the pews or in the church entrance.
Please hand them in along with the Sunday collection. If you would like to know more please contact Lesley Perk or email us.
Church Readers Needed
We are looking to recruit new readers, including young people who are in school year 6 and above, to join the team who read at Sunday Mass particularly for the 6pm Mass. If you feel that this ministry is for you please give you name and contact details to Lijoy, our reader coordinator or or email us.
Church Collection Counters
More volunteers for the counting the Church Collection after Mass. Counting takes place after the 6.30pm mass and takes one hour and a half. Contact Viv Conn in the parish office.
Church Flower Arrangers
More volunteers to join the team of flower arrangers who decorate the Church each week. Contact Eileen.
- Parish newsletter for this week Sun, Dec 8, 2019 - Adam here, here is this weeks newsletter. A biug thanks to those whole helped with the church deep clean. The church fete sale table raised a further £60.40! Later this month, the St. Simon Stock Ladies Group invite us all to a Christmas Party on 22nd December with music, dancing, and food and drink. All…
- Please visit our shop after Mass Sun, Dec 1, 2019 - Please visit our shop after Mass. We have the following Christmas items: Christmas cards, Advent Calendars, Cribs, Candles. In additionally we have 2020 diaries and Calendars.
- Parish newsletter for this week Sun, Dec 1, 2019 - Adam here, here is this weeks update: the newsletter and a couple of events taking place this month. The Church deep clean run by the parish Catholic Men’s group is next Saturday (December 7th). Contact us if you wish to help. Later this month, the St. Simon Stock Ladies Group invite us all to a…
- Parish newsletter for this week Sun, Nov 10, 2019 - Adam here, we welcome F. Thomas who will be looking after the parish whilst Fr. Hans is away on holiday. The newsletter for this week is published. The Catholic Men’s Group is organising a deep clean ahead of our Christmas celebrations. Cleaning will begin after the 10am mass. If you would like to be involved…
- Church Shop Sun, Nov 10, 2019 - Please visit our shop after Mass. We have the following Christmas items: Christmas cards, Advent Calendars, Cribs, Candles. In additionally we have 2020 diaries and Calendars.
- Parish newsletter for this week Sun, Nov 3, 2019 - Adam here, this weeks update includes the newsletter. A big thanks to all those who helped and came to our Church Fete and Craft Fayre.
Church Events in the Parish
St. Simon Stock Parish Christmas Party 22nd December
The Catholic Ladies Group invite you to a Christmas party on 22nd December from 5pm to 10pm. There will be music, dancing and games. Food and non-alcoholic drinks will be provided. Tickets available after Mass. Tickets: £5 per person | £15 per family. All are welcome. Thank you for your support.
I like this place because it’s 2 minutes away from my school. Junior Msoka
Information very clear and easy to understand. Esperanza Pulgarin
Very pleasant place to worship….the priest came to bless my home very lovely man of God. Thank you so much for this wonderful opportunity. More anointing. Oju Lydia
It was good fun for everyone at the parish bbq today, organised and cooked by the mens group will definitely buy the chicken sausages! Plenty to keep the children happy thanks to one of the parishioners! A true parish community! Shirley Hook