Part of The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Southwark
The parish of St Simon Stock, South Ashford is a parish of The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Southwark. We offer pastoral care for those in and around the South Ashford area. Our parish school is St Simon of England Catholic School.
Important Church Notices
Our Church is open for the celebration of Mass
We have Mass only on Saturdays, Sundays and Wednesdays.
All of the previous Covid safety precautions remain.
- Wearing of a mask at Mass is mandatory unless medically exempt.
- Hands should be sanitised on entering the church.
- The Rule of 6 and the social distancing rules will be observed and the restriction on numbers attending are all back in force.
- Please remember that you should leave the church premises immediately after Mass unless you are helping with cleaning and if gathering outside should make sure that the social distancing rules are observed.
Book Your Place For Sunday Morning Mass
Please book your place in advance for Sunday morning Mass to ensure that you get a seat.
In recent weeks we have had to turn some parishioners away as there was not space in church to seat them and comply to the Covid-19 safety measures that have been put in place for everyone’s safety.
You should book one ticket per person, with a maximum of 6 per order to comply with the Rule of 6. Your family group or bubble must not contain more than 6 people.
If you do not have Internet access, you can make your booking being emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your booking must be received before 12pm on the Friday before the required Mass.
Sunday Evening Mass
If you cannot attend morning Mass, Sunday evening Mass is still available and has been well under capacity.
Women’s World Day of Prayer 2021 – Friday 7th March
World Day of Prayer is an international, women led, global, inter-church organisation which enables us to hear the thoughts of women from all parts of the world; their hopes, concerns and prayers. This year women, men and children of all ages are called to ‘Build on a strong foundation’ and live in unity, love and peace in the context of ethnic and cultural diversity. The Day of Prayer is celebrated in over 170 countries. It begins in Samoa, and prayer in native languages travels throughout the world – through Asia, Africa, the Middle East, Europe and the Americas before finishing in American Samoa some 39 hours later. Let us join our prayers with theirs as through our participation in the World Day of Prayer, we affirm that prayer and action are inseparable and that both have immeasurable influence on the world.
Volunteering for The Church – Sharing Time and Talents
Please consider volunteering for some of the tasks that keep our church functioning smoothly; we are particularly looking for people to become stewards at Mass and for those who can spare a couple of hours on a Saturday to come and clean the church thus ensuring that it look it’s best. The more people we have, the fewer times you will have to come. Please see Fr. Hans if you can give a little time to help. Thank you.
Please send in your mass intention by emailing the parish office. Your offering for the Mass can be made by bank transfer.
Thank you for your weekly offerings. Although the church, and hall, have not been open in the ordinary sense there are still significant outgoings for the parish. Your continued commitment to the running of the parish is greatly appreciated.
Known as the Ecclesiastical Education Fund, pays for men studying for the Priesthood and Diaconate here in Southwark. It costs £30,000 a year, for six years, to sponsor each seminarian, so your generous support in this appeal makes a real difference in our ability to fund and support men saying ‘Yes’ to the vocation of Priesthood. We currently have 8 men in formation for the Priesthood for Southwark. You can donate online via www.rcsouthwark.co.uk/donate.html (select Priest Training Fund) or by scanning the QR code on the poster on the church window. Please be generous and keep our seminarians, and priests, in your prayers. Thank you.
Priest in Charge – Fr Hans Puthiakulangara
Telephone: 01233 622 399
Inaugural Mass for Silver Jubilee
at St Simon Stock RC Church Ashford
Stations of The Cross During Lent
On Wednesdays after 6.30pm Mass and Fridays after 10am Mass. Please do make an effort to participate in this devotion in Lent.
Knowing Jesus: Jesuit Lent Online Retreat 2021
Walk with the Jesuits through Lent and Easter and really come to understand and love Jesus. They will ponder Gospel stories, reflect on their meaning and see how startlingly relevant Jesus is to living a truly human life in the 21st Century.
Follow the retreat online, and sign up to an online group (places limited): https://www.onlineprayer.net/
Sign up to receive daily emails during Lent and additional resources:
Pray as you go – Growing back better
The first session will be released on Monday 22nd February.
This online retreat series runs over seven sessions in collaboration with Sacred Space, written by Margaret Silf. We have all come through a year like no other in living memory, and now we have arrived in a new year, carrying all the hopes and dreams of a new beginning, but also the many fears and troubles of the year just passed. The season of Lent gives us a heaven-sent opportunity to reflect prayerfully on our recent experience and the difficulties and the possibilities it has set before us. The first session will be released on Monday 22nd February. https://pray-as-you-go.org/article/growing-back-better-a-lent-retreat-2021
- Book Your Place For Sunday Morning Mass Tue, Mar 2, 2021 - Book Your Place For Sunday Morning Mass Please book your place in advance for Sunday morning Mass to ensure that you get a seat. In recent weeks we have had to turn some parishioners away as there was not space in church to seat them and comply to the Covid-19 safety measures that have been…
- Women’s World Day of Prayer 2021 Sun, Feb 28, 2021 - Women’s World Day of Prayer 2021 – Friday 7th March World Day of Prayer is an international, women led, global, inter-church organisation which enables us to hear the thoughts of women from all parts of the world; their hopes, concerns and prayers. This year women, men and children of all ages are called to ‘Build…
- Lisa Moran RIP Sun, Feb 28, 2021 - Please pray for the repose of the soul of Lisa Moran, Carmel Tutt’s cousin, who has recently died following several months of illness, aged 41. We pray for her partner, her son and for all her family that they may be given comfort at this sad time. May she rest in Christ’s peace.
- This Week’s Parish Newsletter Sun, Feb 28, 2021 - Adam here with this week’s update including the newsletter and updated Mass times. Please note the Easter Mass times. I hope that you are all well. There are many online events that are well worth attending throughout Lent. Knowing Jesus: Jesuit Lent Online Retreat at https://www.onlineprayer.net/ Pray as you go – Growing back better at…
- This Week’s Parish Newsletter Sun, Feb 21, 2021 - Adam here with this week’s update and newsletter which is ready to download. I hope that you are all keeping well. It is nice to see the cold weather go away. There are many online events that are well worth attending throughout Lent. Knowing Jesus: Jesuit Lent Online Retreat at https://www.onlineprayer.net/ Pray as you go…
- This Week’s Parish Newsletter Sun, Feb 14, 2021 - Adam here with this week’s newsletter which is ready to download. I hope that you are all keeping well. Today is Poverty Action Sunday and we are asked to give, act and pray to ensure people on the margins are fully involved in the world we build as we emerge from the pandemic. Check out…
Receive the Parish Newsletter by Email
Receive our parish newsletter by email for the latest news and events taking taking place at our church.