Part of The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Southwark
The parish of St Simon Stock, South Ashford is a parish of The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Southwark. We offer pastoral care for those in and around the South Ashford area. Our parish school is St Simon of England Catholic School.
Our Church is Closed During Lockdown
Following the national guidance of the Catholic Church in England and Wales, celebration of Mass in our Church is suspended until further notice. It is not possible to open the Church for private prayer. Fr. Hans will continue to celebrate Mass without the faithful everyday.
The continuing celebration of Mass ensures that the faithful can join in spiritual communion with the priests of the Church.
Priest in Charge – Fr Hans Puthiakulangara
Telephone: 01233 622 399
Inaugural Mass for Silver Jubilee at St Simon Stock RC Church Ashford
Red Wednesday 25th November
Red Wednesday is a day to gather and draw attention to the plight of those who are persecuted and oppressed for their religious beliefs. Cathedrals, churches and public buildings around the world will light up in red to show solidarity with our brothers and sisters in Christ. Red Wednesday is an initiative of Aid to the Church in Need (ACN), a Catholic charity dedicated to the support of suffering and persecuted Christians. It is clear that the persecution of Christians is worse today than at any time in modern history. In terms of the number of people involved, the gravity of the acts committed, and their impact, not only are Christians more persecuted than any other faith group, but ever-increasing numbers are experiencing the worst forms of persecution. The purpose of Red Wednesday is to join together and raise a strong voice in support of the persecuted who are unable to speak freely, and who look to us – their brothers and sisters in Christ – to speak on their behalf. Please go to https://acnuk.org to find out more.
- A Prayer To Christ The King Sun, Nov 22, 2020 - A Prayer To Christ The King Lord, Jesus Christ, Our Sovereign King, the beginning and end of all things, you have made your Church to be a people that bears witness to the goodness and beauty of your kingdom. By your Holy Spirit, you have united us as one body, called to live as one family…
- Today is The Solemnity Of Our Lord Jesus Christ, King Of The Universe Sun, Nov 22, 2020 - Solemnity of Christ The King Today is The Solemnity Of Our Lord Jesus Christ, King Of The Universe. Formerly referred to as “Christ the King,” was established by Pope Pius XI in 1925 as an antidote to secularism, a way of life which leaves God out of man’s thinking and living and organizes his life…
- Grief In Loss, Hope In Christ Sun, Nov 22, 2020 - Grief In Loss, Hope In Christ For those who may need some spiritual uplifting in this time of grieving Marriage and Family Life, Kent have made available an online video made by co-ordinator Elizabeth Partridge who runs a retreat for the bereaved at Aylesford Priory with Fr Francis Kemsley. The video available on the Carmelite…
- Parish Newsletter For This Week Sun, Nov 22, 2020 - Adam here with this weeks update. I hope that you are managing okay as the winter days and nights start. The weekly newsletter is published and ready to download. Today is The Solemn Feast of Christ The King.The newsletter includes information about this feast day and a prayer. I have added a resource from Grief…
- Red Wednesday is on 25th November Sat, Nov 21, 2020 - Red Wednesday is on 25th November Red Wednesday is a day to gather and draw attention to the plight of those who are persecuted and oppressed for their religious beliefs. Cathedrals, churches and public buildings around the world will light up in red to show solidarity with our brothers and sisters in Christ. Red Wednesday…
- Parish Newsletter For This Week Sat, Nov 14, 2020 - Adam here with this weeks update. I hope that you are managing okay under the new restrictions. The weekly newsletter is published and ready to download. The newsletter includes information about the Fourth Annual World Day of The Poor, and The Priest Training Fund. The Annual World Day of The Poor was instituted by Pope…
Receive the Parish Newsletter by Email
Receive our parish newsletter by email for the latest news and events taking taking place at our church.
Sunday Is The Solemnity Of Our Lord Jesus Christ, King Of The Universe – The Solemnity of Our Lord Jesus Christ, King of the Universe, formerly referred to as “Christ the King,” was established by Pope Pius XI in 1925 as an antidote to secularism, a way of life which leaves God out of man’s thinking and living and organizes his life as if God did not exist. The feast is intended to proclaim in a striking and effective manner Christ’s royalty over individuals, families, society, governments, and nations.
Priest Training Fund – Known as the Ecclesiastical Education Fund, pays for men studying for the Priesthood and Diaconate here in Southwark. It costs £30,000 a year, for six years, to sponsor each seminarian, so your generous support in this appeal makes a real difference in our ability to fund and support men saying ‘Yes’ to the vocation of Priesthood. We currently have 8 men in formation for the Priesthood for Southwark. You can donate online via www.rcsouthwark.co.uk/donate.html (select Priest Training Fund) or by scanning the QR code on the poster on the church window. Please be generous and keep our seminarians, and priests, in your prayers. Thank you.
Collections: Thank you for your weekly offerings and to those of you who switched to paying by standing order. Although the church, and hall, have not been open in the ordinary sense there are still significant outgoings for the parish. Your continued commitment to the running of the parish is greatly appreciated.
Mass intentions – Please use the Mass Intentions Form. Your offering for the Mass can be made by bank transfer.
First Holy Communion Classes 2020/2021 – for children in school year 3 and above. Please email us for a registration form if you wish your child to take part in the classes next year and prepare to receive the sacrament of First Holy Communion. These will take place in 2021
Church Cleaners – The cleaning rota is suspended for the moment