St Simon Stock Catholic Church
The parish of St Simon Stock, South Ashford is a parish of The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Southwark. We offer pastoral care for those in and around the South Ashford area. Our parish school is St Simon of England Catholic School.
Priest in Charge – Fr Hans Puthiakulangara
Telephone: 01233 622 399
- Parish newsletter for this week Sun, Mar 17, 2019 - Adam here, the newsletter for this week is published. Lent Stations of the Cross continue every Wednesday at Lent Stations of the Cross begin on Wednesday’s during Lent from 6.15pm.
- “Walk with Me” Lent Groups Sun, Mar 10, 2019 - The “Walk with Me” lent groups begin tomorrow. Junior Group – Meets at 6.30pm to 7.30pm in the church hall. The activities will focus on the Disciples. Adult Group – Meets 6.30pm to 7.30pm in the presbytery. The activities will focusing on the Gospel readings of Lent. Please show your support for the Lent Groups…
- Parish newsletter for this week Sun, Mar 10, 2019 - Adam here, the newsletter for this week is published. Events coming up from this week The Parish Family Group meet today from 3.30pm. The Parish Lent Groups begin on 11th March and will take place in the church hall from 6.30pm – 7.30pm every Monday during Lent. Lent Stations of the Cross begin on Wednesday’s…
- Parish Family Group – The next meeting is on 10th March Sun, Mar 3, 2019 - A new Parish Family Group has been created whose primary aim is to strengthen the bonds between families in the parish. Next meeting is this week on 10th March at 3.30pm at the church. Please show your support.
- Parish newsletter for this week Sun, Mar 3, 2019 - Adam here, the newsletter for this week is published. Events coming up from this week Ash Wednesday Mass is at 7.00pm following Adoration at 6.00pm. The Parish Lent Groups begin on 11th March and will take place in the church hall from 6.30pm – 7.30pm every Monday during Lent. Lent Stations of the Cross begin…
Church Events in the Parish
‘Walk with me’ – Parish Lent Groups
Every Monday during Lent
Commencing on Monday 11th March, in the church hall from 6.30pm – 7.30pm, and will be every Monday during Lent.
The Junior group, for children aged up to Year 6, will be on The Disciples.
The Adult group will be reflecting on the Gospel readings of the Sundays of Lent.
All are welcome. Please put the dates in your diary and come along to share and deepen in faith and be part of this time of preparation for Easter.
Parish Family Group – Every Sunday during Lent
A new Parish Family group has been created whose primary aim is to strengthen the bonds between families in the parish with the special focus of helping our children to grow in faith.
A ‘family’ is however meant in a broad sense so every parish member is a member of this group and is welcome to it’s meetings.
The next meeting is on 1Oth March at 3.30pm. For more information please contact Wiktor Studnicki at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reflections for Lent
The Southwark Diocesan Spirituality Commission will be producing an online series of reflections for Lent. The reflections will be sent to the subscriber’s email inbox, with a focus on the forthcoming Sunday readings.
Each day there will be a different reflection; Monday and Tuesday will focus on the first reading, Wednesday on the psalm, Thursday and Friday on the second reading and Saturday and Sunday on the Gospel.
The reflections will draw us deeper into the Lenten season an allow us to hear the readings anew, looking at where they resonate in our own lives and how they raw us near to God.
This is a great way to engage with Lent everyday of the season
Pilgrimage to Knock – March
See the church notice board for more information.
I like this place because it’s 2 minutes away from my school. Junior Msoka
Information very clear and easy to understand. Esperanza Pulgarin
Very pleasant place to worship….the priest came to bless my home very lovely man of God. Thank you so much for this wonderful opportunity. More anointing. Oju Lydia
It was good fun for everyone at the parish bbq today, organised and cooked by the mens group will definitely buy the chicken sausages! Plenty to keep the children happy thanks to one of the parishioners! A true parish community! Shirley Hook