Part of The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Southwark
The parish of St Simon Stock, South Ashford is a parish of The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Southwark. We offer pastoral care for those in and around the South Ashford area. Our parish school is St Simon of England Catholic School.
Booking a place for Sunday Mass is no longer required
Starting next Sunday, 6th June, you will no longer need to book to attend Mass on a Sunday morning. Numbers of attendees are still restricted so that we can comply with the Government’s Covid-19 guidelines, but admittance will be on a first come, first served basis.
All of the previous Covid safety precautions remain.
- Wearing of a mask at Mass is mandatory unless medically exempt.
- Hands should be sanitised on entering the church.
- Social distancing rules will be observed and the restriction on numbers attending are all back in force.
- Please remember that you should leave the church premises immediately after Mass unless you are helping with cleaning and if gathering outside should make sure that the social distancing rules are observed.
Recommencement of Offertory Collections
We have recommenced the collections at the offertory, being your weekly offering to the parish, and, post-Communion, for second collections. Please do not take the bag from the person taking the collection but just place your offering in it. Even though the church and hall have not been open, in the ordinary sense, there are still significant outgoings for the parish, so if you can, please consider increasing your offering. Your continued commitment to the running of our parish is greatly appreciated.
Today is The Day of Prayer for Human Life
This day, inaugurated by Saint John Paul II, presents an opportunity to pray for the gift of life from conception to natural death, to raise awareness of the precious gift of life, and to support the work of protecting life in its most vulnerable stages through the annual collection which takes place today. This assists pro-life organisations who raise awareness, engage in parliamentary work and pastoral outreach. This year’s theme for Day for Life focuses on assisted suicide and the respect owed to life.
Confirmation Classes 2021
Classes for this year’s Sacrament of Confirmation began on Saturday 12th June. Anyone in Year 7 or above who is still interested in joining the classes should collect a form from Fr. Hans. Classes start at 10.30am straight after Saturday morning Mass which potential candidates are encouraged to attend.
If you have not already done so would those parishioners who have the Missio (Red) boxes please return them for emptying and counting by next week. Thank you.
Some Definite Service
Archbishop John is calling us to be an ‘evangelising and missionary archdiocese.’ None of this will be possible without prayer. As we pray for our Church, we also pray that we may be renewed ourselves. Let us pray that we may know more deeply the love of God for us and the hope he gives, so that others may also encounter him. Are you interested in joining our prayer partners praying for the mission of the archdiocese? Email email@example.com.
You can ask the Parish Priest to offer Mass for a specific intention of yours. It could be for: yourself or your family, a friend in need, a deceased relative, our community or the wider world or a private intention. If you indicate a preferred date, the Mass will be offered on or about that preferred date. If you would like to be sure of a specific date, please speak to Fr. Hans. Simply fill in a Mass Offering envelope and either give it to Fr. Hans or place it in the collection box.
Please visit the shop where there is wide selection of devotional items including Missals, Bibles, statues, rosaries and cards.
Volunteering for The Church – Sharing Time and Talents
Thank you to all those who have come forward offering help. Please consider volunteering to help keep our church functioning smoothly. If you can help then please see contact the parish office.
Priest in Charge – Fr Hans Puthiakulangara
Telephone: 01233 622 399
Inaugural Mass for Silver Jubilee
at St Simon Stock RC Church Ashford
National Office for Vocation
The National Office for Vocation is encouraging us to listen when God Calls this Lent. God Calls us to himself in a particular way during this special season. Our baptismal call to holiness – or to be in relationship with God – grows as we mature in faith in the grace of the Holy Spirit. God is closer to us than we can ever imagine, but we need to do our part by opening our mind, heart and will to God. God Calls: Adventure is a 40-day self-guided course which aims to help you in this work. You can find out more at www.godcalls.co.uk. You will find on this website, pages of resources to help you on this spiritual adventure.
- This Week’s Parish Newsletter Sun, Jun 20, 2021 - Adam here, i hope that you are all keeping well and enjoyed the sunny weather. This week’s website updates include the newsletter, Mass times and notices. Today is The Day of Prayer for Human Life. This is the day in the Church’s life dedicated to celebrating the sacredness of life. Have a good week and…
- The Day of Prayer for Human Life Sun, Jun 13, 2021 - Next Sunday Is the Day of Prayer for Human Life This is the day in the Church’s life dedicated to celebrating the sacredness of life. The proceeds from the Day for Life collection next Sunday provide core funding for the Anscombe Bioethics Centre and to assist other life related activities supported by the Church, usually…
- This Week’s Parish Newsletter Sun, Jun 13, 2021 - Adam here, i hope that you are all keeping well and enjoying the sunny weather. This week’s website updates include the newsletter, Mass times and notices. Please note that the collections have started again. At the offertory it is your weekly offering to the parish. Following Communion is for second collections. Read more Next Sunday…
- Update – St. Simon Stock Catholic Church Silver Jubilee Anniversary Sun, Jun 6, 2021 - In addition to the history of the parish, and other offerings, we are asking anyone interested if they would like to place a quarter page announcement in the publication; this could be for a special anniversary, a birthday, in memorial for a deceased loved one or just to give thanks for our parish and our…
- This Week’s Parish Newsletter Sun, Jun 6, 2021 - Adam here, i hope that you are all enjoying the sunny weather. This week’s website updates include the newsletter, Mass times and notices. Please note that we have restarted the collections at the offertory, being your weekly offering to the parish, and, post-Communion, for second collections. Read more Look after yourselves
- Recommencement of Offertory Collections Sun, Jun 6, 2021 - We have been given permission to restart the collections at the offertory, being your weekly offering to the parish, and, post-Communion, for second collections. You should not take the bag from the person taking the collection but just place your offering in it. Alternatively, you can still put your offerings in the boxes by the…
Receive the Parish Newsletter by Email
Receive our parish newsletter by email for the latest news and events taking taking place at our church.